April 19, 2011

Sweeet n salty date small round bread

I accidentally!!!  made this....and came out so delicious ..thats the reason why i am posting this on my blog...:)I don't know if  its an actual recipe or not but ..i'm happy to share this with my friends....Let me tell u first the story  behind this ..i was thinking what to do with my leftover salty dough of all purpose flour?...then my mind clicked ,i took out some   pre cut DOLE dates and roughly mix with the dough with some baking powder and just BAKED!!!
Meanwhile i was  thinking...i would rather say compromising..myself to forget it .. if it came out bad ...as i didn't do anything special just put them in oven for baking ...u know...:)
It tastes salty n sweet , sweet by dates only as i didn't put sugar ....yeah !...can call me lazzzy.. for not caring for my poor bread ...
apart from that it came out good after LOTS of suffering...:)
....so that's the story...u can make this from 


  • all purpose flour   1cup
  • butter                      1/3cup
  • salt                          1/2tsp or acc. to taste
  • baking soda           1/2tsp
  • precut dates or normal dates
  • carom seeds or ajwain     1/2tsp

Mix the flour with salt , baking soda and butter..mix well and make dough by adding few tsp of water .
 add dates, fold the dough to mix well.
Take a cookie sheet grease and make small balls and bake at 370 degree and check with toothpick if its complete.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment