potato 1large size
carrot 1medium size
flaxseed powder 1/2cup
tomato 1 medium size
pickled jalapeno according to taste
chili or pepper powder 1/2tsp
turmeric powder 1/4tsp
cumin powder 1/2tsp
oil for pan frying
salt acc. to taste
*cheese slice or grated cheese, lettuce , onion may be added in between. I didn't add those as i don't like... but u can make ur own special burger..its all up to u!!!
- Heat a pan on medium , pour 1/2tsp oil add peeled chopped potato and carrot and add spices including salt.Give it a stir and add 1/2cup water then cover it .
- Let it cook for few min. until they become soft and mash able .
- Add some flaxseed powder ( ya! its healthy apart from adding all purpose flour )to bind the mixture and mash the potato and carrot .
- Make small patty of burger size or tikki out of the mixture and dust it with flaxseed powder on outside to not to stick with skillet.
- Heat a skillet , pour some oil and place patty over it .
- When it's cooked( although it's already cooked but for giving it a brown coating) on one side, flip over to other side.
- Put some butter slightly heat the buns(optional).
- apply some mustard on inner sides or any sauce u like...
- Place patty then tomato, jalapeno or onion slice , cheese or lettuce or spinach, can use other sauces or ketchup and place another half of bun.
- Here comes urs very own burger....ENJOY!!