INGREDIENTS:(for 2 servings)
red kidney beans or rajma 1cup
onion 1 medium size
tomato 1 large size
ginger garlic paste 1tsp
cumin seeds 1tsp
bay leaf 1
turmeric powder 1/2tsp
coriander powder 1/2tsp
garam masala 1tsp
dry fenugreek or kasoori methi 1tsp
salt according to taste
coriander chopped for garnishing
- Soak the rajma in water overnight and pressure cook with some salt for 10min, should be tender or soft.
- Roughly chop onion and tomato then grind to a paste in grinder.
- Heat a pan on medium heat .Pour oil and add cumin, ginger garlic paste , cloves and bay leaf.
- Add grind paste of onion and tomato and cook until it oozes out oil.
- Add all spices , salt, kasoori methi or fenugreek leaves and cook for another few seconds.
- Now add boiled rajma and cook for few minutes.
- Switch off the burner and add freshly chopped coriander . Serve hot with rice.