basmati rice 1cup
onion 1 medium size
ginger garlic paste 1tsp
green cardamom 2-4 pieces
yogurt or curd 1/2cup
biryani masala powder 1tsp
garam masala 1tsp
oil / butter 3-4tsp
salt acc. to taste
saffron color (optional)
vegetables of your choice can add beans, carrot, peas, mushroom,cauliflower, paneer , tofu..
mint and coriander chopped
green chili optional 2-3
- Soak rice for 20-25 min. and boil in enough water with some salt ,few drops of oil and cardamom.
- Sieve the rice when they are 80%done.
- Heat a pan , pour some oil or butter add cumin or jeera, ginger garlic paste and vegetables in bigger pieces and some salt .
- Cook the vegetables until they are 70% done , don't overcook.
- Add mint, coriander, biryani masala, little yogurt.Stir it , you can add paneer or raisins at this time.
- Take a foil or pyrex container or cake pan and grease with butter.
- Layer it with some rice at bottom and place all the vegetables in between and top it with another layer if rice .
- Fry some onions thinly cut in butter and layer it on top . You can add some drops of saffron color on top if u like.
- Cover the pan with foil and put in oven for for 15-20min.
- Serve hot .