Fresh paneer 200gm or 1/2lb
onion 1 medium size
ginger 1/4 inch size
garlic 3-4 small pieces
tomato 1 big size
turmeric powder 1/2tsp
coriander powder 1/2tsp
chilli powder 1/2tsp
garam masala 1/2tsp
cumin seeds 1tsp
fenugreek leaves or
dry kasoori methi 1tsp
raisin or dry fruits handful
whipping cream 1-2tsp
oil or butter 1-2tsp
salt acc. to taste
coriander chopped for garnishing
- Heat a pan on medium. Pour oil and add cumin, ginger chopped , garlic roughly chopped , cook for few sec.
- Add roughly chopped onion , cook until become light brown then add tomato( in big pieces, no need to chop finely as we will grind it later.)
- Add 1cup water and let it cook for few minutes .
- Switch of the burner and let it cool.
- Grind the whole mixture to a fine paste.
- Heat another pan , put some butter and pour the grinded mixture .
- Add all spices , salt, kasoori methi and raisins.( can add kaju or cashew nut also)
- Cook it on medium for few minutes and add cream, sugar and paneer cubes.( no need to fry the paneer if it is fresh )
- Let it cook for another few sec. and switch the burner off and cover it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with chappati , naan or tandoori roti and rice. ENJOY!!