whole wheat flour 2cups
ajwain or carom seeds 1/2tsp
oil for frying
water for making dough
skip salt and ajwain for plain puri
- Take flour in a large bowl and mix oil, salt,and ajwain or carom seeds.
- Make firm dough not so soft by adding water in less amount. Water should be at room temperature or warm.
- Cover and rest the dough for at least 15 min.
- In a woke pour oil upto its 1/3rd and heat it on high flame.
- Make small balls of dough and flatten it with rolling pin or belan over oiled board.
- Fry the puri on both sides , take it out with frying spatula and place on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chole or any curry you like.