chick pea or kabuli chana 2cups
onion thinly chopped 1 medium size
tomato thinly chopped 1 medium size
ginger garlic paste 1tsp
cumin seeds 1tsp
bayleaf 1 big size
hing or asafoetida 1pinch
turmeric powder 1/2tsp
chole masala 1 tsp
fenugreek leaves or
kasoori methi dry 1/2tsp
salt according to taste
coriander chopped for garnishing
- Soak chana overnight and pressure cook it with salt for few minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium range , pour oil and add hing, cumin, bayleaf, ginger garlic paste , cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and cook until they become light brown, then add chopped tomato, cook for few min.
- Add turmeric, salt, chole masala , kasoori methi and lastly boiled chana .
- Stir the whole mixture and cook it for 5 min.
- Cover it and switch off the burner and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander and chopped onion and serve it hot with puri, naan or batura.