Besan or chickpea flour 1/2cup for pakora and 1/2 cup for kadhi
onion chopped 1/2cup
ginger garlic paste 1tsp
yogurt or curd ( sour) 1cup
mustard seeds 1/2tsp
curry leaves 4-5 leaves
dry chili whole 2
kasoori methi or
dry fenugreek leaves 1tsp
baking powder 1/4 tsp
coriander powder or
dhania powder 1/2tsp
asafoetida or hing pinch
oil for frying pakoras
chopped coriander for garnishing
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup besan , add salt and baking powder , mix . Add couple of tsp .water and make a thick paste . Mix chopped onion .
- Heat a pan with oil . When oil become hot drop small dumplings or pakora made from batter and fry till it become brown.
- Take out the pakora from oil on tissue and keep aside.
- In a bowl add yogurt and besan , mix it until there are no lumps.Then add 2 cups water and salt , turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves or kasoori methi , coriander powder and stir the whole mixture.
- Heat another wok or kadhai .Pour 1tsp of oil and add hing or asafoetida , mustard seeds curry leaves, dry chili and ginger garlic paste. Let it cook for few seconds then add yogurt or curd mixture. Boil the kadhi for few minutes .
- Add pakora or dumplings before serving and garnish it with coriander. Serve it hot with boiled rice.