paneer or cottage cheese 250gm or 9oz.
palak or spinach 1 bunch
onion finely chopped 1cup
tomato finely chopped 1cup
ginger garlic paste 1tsp
fenugreek or kasoori methi 1tsp
coriander powder 1/2tsp
chilli powder 1/2tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
garam masala powder 1/2tsp
asafoetida or hing 2 pinch
coriander for garnishing
cream 1/2cupoil 1-2tsp
- Heat a pan and cook the chopped spinach for few minutes.(no need to add water as it ooze out water itself)
- cool it and make a paste in grinder by adding few tsps of water ,make a thick gravy consistency.
- Heat another pan on medium flame and pour oil and add hing , cumin seeds , ginger garlic paste and stir then add chopped onion and let it cook for few min. until they become light brown
- Add chopped tomato and let it cook for few minutes. Then add all spices ,salt and grinded paste of spinach and paneer cubes. Add kasoori methi and cream . Garnish it with chopped coriander.
- simmer for some time and serve hot with chapatti or naan .