i love.. eating stuffed parathas or Indian bread , spinach paratha tastes good n nutritious too... it has rich green color which also make them special....Usually i feel easy to make these as the water oozed out of spinach is used in making dough , so nothing wasted...:) so have a look how i made this..i think its great for kids, not eating their veggies..its easy to dupe them by these...:):)
whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Fresh spinach(spinach) leaves - 2 cups.
ajwain or carom seeds -1/3tsp
oil or melted butter - 2 tbsp.
salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
red chili powder(optional) - 1/4 tsp.
dry mango powder - 1/2tsp
water for forming dough.
oil for pan frying
salt as per taste
- Chop finely spinach leaves.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt,ajwain or carom seeds, cumin, dry mango powder, chili powder, oil or butter. Mix well.
- Add water little by little and from firm dough. Knead well, Cover and leave aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Knead again and then make round balls.
- Take each ball, dip in dry flour. Sprinkle a little flour on the board. Place the dough ball on it and roll out into a thick round.
- Heat girdle. Put the rolled dough on it. Cook for 5-8 seconds. turn again. baste with a little oil. Cook on both the sides adding a little oil. Both the sides should have brown spots on them.
- Take off the fire.
- Serve hot with yogurt, butter.,pickle....ENJOY!!