Meet INDIA's well known dessert which has biGGest fan following.......:) 'Gulab jamun' ....
Gulab means rose and jamun is a berry of dark purple color...it's traditionally made with thickened or reduced milk with sugar syrup of rose essence ....it's soft , sweet and WITH Ice cReAM.. it tastes HEAVENLY !!!!!!...hmm....then if its home made ...came out perfect ..u can't beat it with market ones....
dry milk powder 1/2cup
all purpose flour or maida 2tsp
yogurt or dahi 2tsp
butter melted 1tsp
baking soda 1/4tsp
cardamom seeds or powder 1/2tsp
drops of rose essence
oil for frying
few drops of lemon juice
- Take a bowl , mix milk powder, all purpose flour or maida, baking soda, yogurt and butter.
- Mix and make a soft dough .
- heat a pan on medium , add sugar and water .
- boil the sugar syrup for few min. then add cardamom powder n rose essence .
- Heat a pan for frying, pour oil and make small balls of dough apply oil if it sticks on hands.
- drop in oil , it should be on medium not hot. Fry until they become golden brown and then take out in tissue paper.
- don't drop the balls immediately after frying, in sugar syrup they will lose their shape...
- when all balls made out of the dough are fried in oil then drop them in sugar syrup.
- let them soaked for few hours .
- Serve them chill or hot .....tastes good with ice cream..ENJOY!!