sooji or semolina ( coarse) 2cups
minsed ginger 1/2tsp
carom seeds or ajwain 1/4tsp
yogurt or curd 1cup
eno fruit salt 2tsp
salt 1tsp or according to taste
mustard seeds 1tsp for seasoning
onion sliced 1/3 cup for seasoning
green chili chopped according to taste
can add sesame seed also
coriander , coconut for garnishing (optional)
- Take a large bowl , add sooji , oil, ginger, ajwain , curd. Mix well and keep it aside for 25-30min.
- Take a plate and grease it with oil
- Add salt and ENO fruit salt and stir it well.
- Heat a pan with some water it's same while u r making idli, place some thing at base so that plate or thali with dhokla batter is at level from water or u can use dhokla making stand .
- Pour dhokla batter on greased plate and place it in pan over water and cover .Let the steam to cook for 5min or more , check by inserting a toothpick whether its cooked or not .
- When cooked ,switch off the burner , take the plate out and let it cool.
- Meanwhile heat oil for seasoning add mustard seeds, chili ,onion.Cook for few seconds and drizzle it over dhokla plate.
- Cut the pieces out , garnish with coriander and serve with green chutney.