whole wheat flour 2cups
boiled potato 1 large size
ajwain or carom seeds 1tsp
amchoor or dry mango powder 1/2tsp
coriander chopped 4-5 twigs
garam masala 1/2tsp
chili powder 1/2tsp
salt according to taste
oil/ ghee or butter for making paratha
- Take whole wheat flour in a large bowl and add 1 tsp oil/ butter or ghee. Make a firm dough by adding water in small portions.
- Keep the dough aside covered for 10-15 min.
- Boil the potato in a pressure cooker or microwave.
- Peel it and mash in another bowl and add all the spices with coriander .
- Mix the potato mixture and make it to dough consistency.
- Make small size balls out of dough .
- Take one ball of dough, roll it one time and fill the potato mixture in between and cover it from all sides from dough to make a ball , with potato mix. inside.
- Dust the ball in flour and roll to make chapatti . Don't put too much pressure while rolling keep the size of paratha thick.
- Heat tawa or skillet on burner or gas .
- Place the rolled paratha on tawa and wait for few minutes till the lower side is light brown, flip it and brush oil or ghee on both sides. Let it cook until you see brown spots on both sides.
- Remove from tawa or skillet and place on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve paratha hot with yogurt, pickle or butter.