Yay! my own first 50 recipes..cooked n posted so far..happy for that and thankful to all my blog friends for their appreciation and comments!....:)
Today i came up with naan recipe , usually made in tandoor...and most common in INDIA.
Naan specially garlic one is my first choice whenever i order a paneer dish ...but today i made this first time !! and i am happy with the outcome...n tastes good...i made it in oven set on broil,on a cookie sheet...on top rack.. I made garlic one too but couldn't resist ...:)--and was soon consumed after cooking ...so can't upload it's pic. ..but it's easy to make...method is same...
all purpose flour or maida 2cups
dry yeast 1tsp
pinch of baking soda
oil or butter 2tblsp
yogurt or dahi 2 1/2tsp
warm water 3/4cup
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Make a well in center. Warm the milk and yogurt and mix in the yeast, butter .
- Stir and pour into the well in the flour. Stir from center until mixed to a smooth batter. Knead on board 15-20 minutes or about 2 minutes in food processor.
- Dough should be elastic but not sticky.
- Add a little flour if the dough is sticky. Put in covered bowl and allow to rise until double (about three to four hours, unless it is warm, in which case the rise time could be halved)
- Divide ball into small pieces. Knead each lightly, flatten ball, pull into an oval forming a sort of pear shape.
- Put on baking sheet(s), cover with damp cloth, allow to rise about 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops with butter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on broil, until golden brown.
- For garlic naan spread chopped garlic on top of naan before cooking and press them and then bake.
- serve with curry u like...ENJOY!!